About the Bible
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, and in the original versions without error. It is the final decider about all matters of faith and action.
We see the Westminster Confession as the most accurate man written summary of what the Bible teaches.
God is one God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That is, He is one God, but three persons; the Tri-une God. God is eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful, ever-present, and the creator of all things.
God loved the world so much he sent His only Son into the world to be the Saviour for mankind so as to return to Him. We know Him as Jesus Christ, who died and rose again and ascended into Heaven.
God wants all people to turn away from sin and to trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, however, those who remain in sin cannot have salvation.
- To remain faithful to the word of God in preaching and teaching (2 Tim 2:1&2)
- To live for Christ and always be ready to give an account of the hope that He has given us (1Peter 3:15)
- To be used by God in sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ (Romans 6:23, 10:9-15)
- To persevere in doing good to all people, but especially those who are God’s people. (Gal 6:9-10)
- To love God and show the love of Christ to one another and to our neighbours (those outside the Church) (John 13:34-35, Matthew 22:37-39
- To be consistent in prayer because we understand that God is sovereign over all and we desire to do His will. (1 Pet 3:12, Phil4:6-7, 1Tim 2:1-3)